Front End Developer
Who We Are
Gavin™ is a fast growing, award-winning full-service boutique brand communications agency located in Central PA serving clients in healthcare, education, government, finance, and business services across the US. Named a Best Places to Work in PA, Top 50 Fastest Growing Company and Top 250 Private Company in the region, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and being an employer of choice.
Our office is headquartered in York, Pennsylvania with locations in Harrisburg and Lancaster Pennsylvania, with a supportive work-remote culture. This position offers a work-remote option, requiring that the Front End Developer visit the office and client locations for key meetings and events as necessary.
We encourage growth from within. We are committed to attracting and retaining diverse talent in every aspect to grow with our team. This position allows for upward mobility and advancement with proven ability and contributions to agency growth and success.
Your Role at Gavin:
The Front End Developer reports to the Company’s Full Stack Developer and works closely with internal project managers and designers to develop, build, and optimize websites and other online applications. This role is responsible for ensuring that website projects and services adhere to predetermined budgets, scope and designs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interpret client specifications and identify website user requirements; optimize applications for functionality
- Collaborate with internal full stack developer, project managers, designers and content developers to meet required specifications
- Ensure high-quality graphic standards and brand consistency
- Ensure website health inclusive of ADA compliance, report findings accordingly
- Research related software programs for efficiency and practicality
- Stay abreast of industry standards and legal requirements specific to website development; ensure agency remains progressive in its digital offering
- Ensure high level of creativity, quality and performance on all website projects and services
- Collaborate with internal team on digital trends/opportunities to reach assigned goals
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in web services, including front-end website development, SEO/SEM, digital advertising
- Proven experience in programming languages and SEO best practices
- Experience with server-side frameworks such as python, ruby, php, Java, ASP, ASP.NET
- Expertise in SEO, SEM, PPC, Google Analytics, UX, social media advertising and supporting analytic tools to ensure successful campaign performance
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- Understanding of layout aesthetics
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment within predetermined budgets and timeframes; detail-oriented a must
- Expertise in WordPress site builds and updates
- Proficient in comprehensive digital tracking tools and performance-based marketing strategies
- Obsessed with new website trends, investigates opportunities to stay ahead and is engaged with industry best practices
- Clear understanding of website compliance, ADA, privacy, GDRP and working on websites for companies of all sizes
- Superb interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills across multi-media platforms
Gavin™ offers a competitive benefit package including paid time off, medical benefits, company-paid short-term disability and life insurance, access to a retirement plan with company match, the flexibility to work remotely and yes… even your birthday off!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Gavin ™ is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer making all employment decisions without regard to race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, benefits, compensation, and training. We seek to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws related to discrimination.
Gavin™ makes decisions concerning employment based strictly on business needs and an individual’s qualifications and ability to perform the job under consideration, the comparative qualifications and abilities of other applicants or employees, and the individual’s past performance within the organization.
Please submit resume, cover letter, three professional references and at least one relevant work sample to email@example.com.
INCOMPLETE submissions/applications will not be considered. NO PHONE CALLS.