We’re looking for someone who is devoted to delivering the absolute best outcomes for our clients and has an ambitious mindset to help us do amazing work. This person will be hardworking, smart, responsive, have superior writing skills and a desire to raise the bar at all times. Must be detailed oriented, able to remain calm during high-stress situations, manage multiple projects and goals, and work under tight deadlines. We want someone that will add value to our team and has the ability to think critically.
This person should be fun, hardworking, smart, witty, never miss deadlines, juggle multiple tasks and should have a “wants to enjoy a pint after a long day of making clients ecstatically happy” attitude (meaning does what it takes to get the job done then celebrates with the team). Also should not mind “occasional” office swearing. Our clients are local, regional and national. This position will be responsible for the public relations and marketing teams, client performance and the health of the agency/client relationship on all accounts.
OBJECTIVE: To lead public relations and communications teams in delivering the absolute best strategic outcomes for our clients through public relations, marketing and integrated marketing initiatives. Grow departmental sales and directs the team to meet billable goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, communications or marketing required.
- At least eight or more years of account management, brand management, marketing, public relations or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Agency experience and proven media track record preferred.
- Experience in the healthcare, nonprofit and education sectors a plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and markets agency’s Public Relations Division and its people/products to best serve clients at the local, regional and national levels.
- Oversees all strategy, development of organizational client messaging and marketing plans for department’s accounts.
- Ensure all integrated public relations and marketing elements are managed for greater success for client accounts.
- Monitors and controls the revenue growth and profitability of the Public Relations Division.
- Actively pursues new business opportunities.
- Provides counsel to others in the department to help manage the overall workload.
- Maintains top-level client contact.
- Represents the department at agency new business and other meetings as needed.
- Leads new business and agency retention efforts. This includes scouting new business opportunities in collaboration with the senior leadership team, analyzing research, writing public relations proposals and plans, and making presentations to potential clients.
- Works to manage department employees and evaluate staffing requirements.
- Represents the division and company in the community through affiliation with non-profit/civic organizations and professional associations.
- Maintains positive working relationships with agency’s other divisions, in order to enhance project workflow and cultivate new business opportunities.
- Oversees division account planning, revenue growth, profitability, work quality, client relations and strategic development.
- Sets the tone to create a spirit of department teamwork, enthusiasm and high quality.
- Strategizes, motivates, coaches and directs the account management staff in the performance of their operating responsibilities.
- Plans study of work problems and procedures such as organizational change, communications, information flow, integrated production methods, etc.
- Responsible for the client’s brand development; stewardship of brand integration into all aspects of client’s business.
- Forecasts revenues and costs; tracks and analyzes monthly accounts receivable.
- Develops budget to support agency/team objectives and plans.
- Serves as senior counsel for senior level clients.
- Participates in media relation’s functions and maintains media contacts with the highest profile national, trade and/or regional targets.
- Coaches and advises public relations group on pitching media on client’s behalf.
- Reviews and approves annual public relations plans and campaigns before they are presented to clients.
Please submit resume, cover letter, three professional references and at least one writing sample or campaign overview to firstname.lastname@example.org.
INCOMPLETE submissions/applications will not be considered. NO PHONE CALLS.